Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Seasons and Plans

Hi everyone,
Your dad and I have decided that we are going to have to cancel our trip to Arkansas due to "lack of funds"!! None of us can afford it this year and as much as we want to do it, it would not be the smart thing this year...maybe next year.

But, Matt says that they can still come down and Megan and I have decided that there are so many fun things to do in San Antonio that we can have our own vacation there and also spend time here at the beach, maybe even rent a place for a couple of nights.

We are so sorry and hope no one is REALLY disappointed. I think we can have lots of fun here doing things and being together which is what it is really all about anyway!

I will be taking Grandma to Temple Saturday along with Sydney so say a prayer that Sydney adjusts well up there and Levee adjusts well down here and that I just adjust! I will be back here the same day so I can go to the Palm Sunday service here. I am heading upthe Easter basket project at church and had to do the first bulletin board I have done in MANY years! My main job is to be sure each child on the list has a basket and that baskets within families are pretty similar as to contents so no child feels left out. I like doing that. Apparently if some need more, I will buy things for them and distribute them to the baskets. I will be doing this for the back-to-school project and Christmas too.

I willl also be going into Houston for Helen's surgery on the 9th and be there for at least a week taking care of her. She has the surgery on the 5th but doesn't want anyone there until a few days later. We need to keep her in our prayers please.

Anne, when do you see the doctor? It seems like you told me but I forgot. I hope you are beginning to feel better...the due date is approximately when

A big hug for all my grandbabies. Maybe Emma and Aedan can give Mommy's tummy a big hug for our new little one!

I love you all, Mom and Mimi

8 comments:

Anne said...

Don't be sad. I always wanted to go down to TX rather than Arkansas. If any of you remember, I was agitating loudly against an Arkansas holiday and for us coming all the way down. So you see, God has been looking at me with favor and all the rest of you with something else...heh heh. :)

Megan said...

Anne, I knew that you would be horribly dissapointed about the cancellation of our Arkansas adventure! Maybe we can make it up to you by planning a family vacation in Kansas or maybe even Idaho (yes! Idaho!) for next summer. Ooooh - I know - we can stay in an RV park in Idaho - PERFECT! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Y'all better hope Doug doesn't read these comments and start planning an RV trip to Idaho! Family roadtrip time...Anne's the only one who hasn't had that Kennedy experience and with six children, sounds like fun to me!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry when you get here we can rent a small RV for a day trip to Arkansas for a trial run. I can show you how brown water and gray water outlets work and we can visit all the small towns along the way.

Megan said...

Awesome!

Megan said...

Didn't mean to do that twice

Anonymous said...

Griswold Family Vacation here we come...again! At least it's not the potato farms of Idaho!

Anne said...

Matt has told me that I'm willing to go whereever! Arkansas is wonderful! Can we please just say south of North Dakota? I've had chicken pox in North Dakota, in the summer, without air conditioning. Please, please?